A Children & Pet Friendly Hotel
As a family-orientated hotel, we welcome both babies and children of all ages. We can provide:
- Bedrooms for families of 3-5 guests (at least one adult per room)
- Cots & Z-beds in bedrooms
- High chairs in both the restaurant & bar
- Healthy, fresh, home-made children’s menu – including vegetarian and special dietary needs
- Board games and drawing/colouring materials
- Information – and some discounts – on attractions, activities and facilities close to the hotel.
Featured and recommended in AA and other leading pet guidebooks and websites, we know how to cater for dog lovers and your pets.
We allow well-behaved dogs in our Courtyard guest rooms, patio garden, and Gelert’s Bar – where customers or guests can eat and/or drink – but only official guide dogs can go into our restaurant. Sighted guests taking breakfast, or wanting to dine, in the restaurant are welcome to leave your dog(s) either in your room or perhaps car.
Our bar is named after the loyal dog ‘Gelert’ of Welsh legend. In winter, the bar has an open log fire where dogs love to sit by. Water bowls are also available.
We have a free hotel guide for guests to six short and long walks which show the best of Porthmadog. Black Rock Sands and Borth y Gest beaches are close by, with longer walks in nearby Snowdonia and Llyn.
IMPORTANT: We would urge you to be responsible dog-owners when out walking your dogs and keep then on leads (however small the dog may be) when in the vicinity of livestock.
We sponsor a local animal rescue centre called Freshfields and can put you in touch.
Other caged pets are allowed, but please enquire specifically with Reception before booking.