As our valued guest (“You”), we value your commitment to Royal Sportsman Hotel (herein after referred to as RSH).
WHO COLLECTS MY DATA?
Data pertaining to your experience in our hotel is gathered by RSH, based at 131 High Street, Porthmadog, Gwynedd LL49 9HB.
Data is collected during the booking process either via a brand booking engine or independent third party booking engine provider.
WHEN IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED?
PI may be collected in certain circumstances as follows:
- Booking of a hotel room – through on and offline channels including brand and independent booking engines
- Enquiries made at a hotel for provision of services (meeting rooms, wedding venue enquiries)
- Check in and check out
- Consumption during a stay in the hotel as tracked through room charges
- Claims, requests and/or disputes
- Participation in marketing programs, with your explicit consent
- Registering with loyalty programs
- Contribution to guest’s surveys and/or comments (e.g. “Guest Satisfaction Survey”, “Contact us”; “Guests comments”)
- Subscription to newsletters, to receive e-mail offers or promotions, with your explicit consent
- Tour operators, travel agencies, GDS reservation systems
- Connection to RSH website (IP address, session cookies and Google Universal Analytics)
- Filling in of an online collection form (e.g. online bookings, questionnaire, forms)
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION VIA COOKIES
However, if you visit our website, we may collect data about your use of it. This website usage data may include your IP address, along with your geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, the referral source, length of visit, pages viewed and website navigation paths as well as information about the timing, frequency, amounts and patterns of your visit or visits. The source of this website usage data is our website hosting company’s visitor logging and analytics system.
This data may be processed for the purposes of analysing the use of our website. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely monitoring and improving our website.
WHAT ARE THE PURPOSES OF DATA COLLECTION BY RSH?
We use PI for the following purposes:
- To deal with your enquiries and requests
- To book and reserve hotel rooms and requested accommodation or venue hire provision
- To establish and maintain business records and comply with accounting requirements and local regulations
- For back office processing; including managing a list of undesirable guests, further to a non-payment, or to improper behaviour
- To manage guests’ complaints
- To track consumption (telephone, bar, etc)
- To let you benefit from our loyalty program
- To implement security and fraud prevention means
- Administering membership records
HOW RSH USE PERSONAL DATA FOR MARKETING PURPOSES
- To process your PI in the RSH Clients Relationship Management program
- To better understand your needs and requests and to tailor our products and services to better
- To send you newsletters, promotions and marketing material or contact you about tourism, hospitality or services, hotel promotions or about RSH
- To conduct surveys and analyse guests’ questionnaires and comments and activity patterns
- To secure and improve use of Internet websites including website
Should you wish to discuss any query regarding use of your data for marketing purposes, contact the RSH on 01766 512015 or at 131 High Street, Porthmadog, Gwynedd LL49 9HB. Please note that we will only collect your PI with your explicit consent.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED BY RSH?
As a customer of RSH, you may be asked, at various times, to provide PI about you and your family members, such as:
- Contact information, e.g. name, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, postal addresses
- Other personal details: date of birth; nationality
- Child Information: name and birth date
- Credit card details (only in secure transactional related system)
- Membership card numbers of any loyalty program
- Your dates of arrival and departure
- Your preferences and interests, e.g. preferred location of room (low floor, high floor), type of bed, preferred newspaper, sports and cultural interests
- Any questions/comments you may have during or after your stay in our hotel
COLLECTION OF SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
In order to satisfy certain requests or to provide you with specific services during your stay, RSH may collect data which may be considered sensitive including leisure habits, personal activities and hobbies, cultural habits, smoker/ non-smoker status.
RSH may collect data to facilitate certain dietary requirements or provide accessible access facilities during your stay in our hotel.
We do not knowingly collect PI from children under the age of 18, except name, date of birth and nationality as provided directly by an adult on their behalf or with an adult’s permission. If you believe your child has submitted PI directly to us, please contact us so that we can delete such PI.
We do not knowingly collect sensitive information such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health or sex life details.
SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
At RSH, we will not share your data with third parties unless we are obliged to disclose personal data by law, or the disclosure of national security, taxation and criminal investigation, or we have your consent, and to the following.
These authorized individuals include (but is not limited to):
- Hotel reservation staff using RSH reservation tools
- Information technology staff and marketing department staff
- Medical services
- Legal Department staff
DATA SHARING WITH THIRD PARTIES
We may share your PI with external third parties for providing you with the requested services and improving your stay with us. Third party service providers may include (but is not limited to): booking engine providers, IT subcontractors, commercial partners, local authorities and any authority which we are required by law to do so.
RSH takes appropriate technical and organisational measures, in accordance with local law requirements, to protect your PI against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access. To this end, we have implemented technical measures such as firewalls and organisational measures such as a login/efficient password and physical protection.
RIGHTS TO ACCESS AND MODIFY YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to access, modify or delete your PI at any time.
However, please note that if you object to the collection of PI, we may, in certain circumstances be unable to provide you with services requested during your stay.
To discuss access to PI held about you for marketing purposes or if you encounter any problem when exercising your rights, you can contact RSH on 01766 512015 or at 131 High Street, Porthmadog, Gwynedd LL49 9HB
RSH do not charge individuals for any requests made regarding collection of PI.
In the interests of protecting the privacy of all RSH guests, we will need to verify your identity properly prior to responding to your request. To this end, we may request a copy of a valid identification paper such as a current driver’s license, identity card or passport.
If your PI is not accurate, complete or up to date, please provide RSH with your request for correction at the contact details outlined above. Any requests for correction will be dealt with as soon as practicable or in compliance with applicable law.
QUESTIONS / CONTACT