From a private garage car park there is a rear entrance into the hotel. This has no steps, but ramp access and handrail that lead into Reception, Bar, Restaurant, Lounge and public toilets for easy wheelchair access.
- A disabled toilet with wheelchair access also includes a baby-changing facility.
- Our garage has 16 spaces, with one clearly marked disabled space.
- There are three uneven steps from the High Street into the main entrance and Reception area.
- Nine bedrooms on the ground floor are suitable for guests with walking difficulties.
- Room 3 on the ground floor with full wheelchair access, has a wet room facility and disabled toilet in the bathroom. All other room facilities have been organised for those guests unable to walk. Room 3 also has a touchtone telephone with large numbers for the visually impaired.
- Most rooms have TV with teletext.
- First and second floor access to bedrooms is uneven in places due to the age of the building.
- Guide/Assistance Dogs are welcome in all rooms.
- Room service is available from 7.30am–9.00pm.
- There is no lift access in the building.
- Guests are offered assistance with luggage to the room and are helped to settle in if necessary.
- Brochures or menus provided in large print by prior arrangement.
- 24 hour access is available to the main building, using a key between 11.00pm–7.00am.
- A duty manager is on call 24 hours in case of emergency.
- Mobile phone reception variable in the area, depending on network.
- There is a National Express bus service from opposite the hotel to Chester, Stoke on Trent, Leeds, Bradford, Manchester, Newcastle & London. There are local bus services from the High Street to Caernarfon, Bangor, Llandudno, Dolgellau, Machynlleth, Aberystwyth. There are local train services to Llandudno, Pwllheli, Machynlleth, Aberystwyth etc
- The nearest towns to Porthmadog include Criccieth (5 miles), Pwllheli (11 miles), Caernarfon (21 miles) and Bangor (27 miles).